“Your Home” class – by Anso
Bazzill – Dark Olive cardstock
Bazzill – Light Olive cardstock
Bazzill – Dark Tangerine cardstock
Love Elsie “Jack+Abby” – Open House Embossed Cardstock
Love Elsie “Jack+Abby” – “Big Ribbon” pack
Love Elsie “Jack+Abby” – Neighbors Fabric Paper
Autumn Leaves – Ticketed Stampset (#AL2777)
Autumn Leaves – Whimsical Frames Stampset (#AL2770)
Scalloped scissors OR corner punch that will punch scallops
A few scraps of white cardstock
Glue (I use Herma removable)
Black journaling pen (I use Zig Millennium)
Charcoal Chalk Inkpad (optional)
White pen (optional – I use a white Sakura Souffle pen)
Colouring pens/pencils (optional)
- Start by cutting your embossed cardstock to size. I scrap in true A4 size, so I cut mine to 29,7x21 centimetres (cm). Please feel free to adapt to another layout size if you prefer.
- Also pick your photos. I’m using two 15x10 cm (6x4) landscape photos which I have cut down a little. Leaving me with one 14x10 photo and one 14x8 cm photo.
- Before we start on the actual layout we’re going to make some little funky handmade flowers. Get your Dark Tangerine cardstock out and cut three quite small circles (mine are just over 2 cm across). I want you to handcut these circles. Do NOT use a circle cutter or draw with pencil first. I can cut much neater circles than this, but the whole point is that they are meant to be uneven to add to the charm. Then place these circles onto your Light Olive cardstock and roughly (again – not neat!) draw a line a little larger around them. See photo below for these two steps.
- Cut out your Light Olive circles. Now repeat the same step by taking your Light Olive circles, place them on the Dark Olive cardstock, draw a rough pencil line a little outside your current circles and cut out. You should now have what is show at the bottom of this photo:
- Grab your Dark Tangerine circles and cut out five quite big wedges from each (see first step in photo below). If you want to edge your flowers with some ink, this is now the time to add it. Glue your Dark Tangerine flowers onto the Light Olive circles (step 2 in photo below). Cut out wedges again, leaving some Light Olive cardstock all around. You might want to cut a little off the ends too depending on how large your Light Olive circles were cut. Again ink edges if you wish (see step 3 in photo below).
- Final steps for the flowers. Glue onto the Dark Olive circles (step 1 in photo below). Cut out leaving a border and cut off any extra at the ends if needed. Ink edges if you wish (see step 2 in photo below). And to finish off (step 3 in photo below) you can add some little doodling if you like.
- Pick a stamp from the Autumn Leaves “Ticketed” stampset that suits your photo. I picked “Pure Beauty”. Stamp onto white cardstock, cut out and edge with ink if you like. Stamp the oval journaling stamp from the “Whimsical Frames” stampset, also into white cardstock. Colour in some parts and edge with ink if you like.
8. Now grab your layout background. Cut a piece of Dark Tangerine cardstock measuring 16x22 cm. Use your scalloped scissors or punch on the top edge only. Edge with ink. Glue level with the left side of your layout and about 1,5 cm from the bottom.
9. Add your photos. Again level with the left side. My bottom photo starts 3 cm above the bottom edge of the layout. The second photo goes straight above this. Cut a piece of the tangerine ribbon with the house & flowers measuring 19 cm. Glue this level with the left edge of the layout and across the join of your photos.
10. Take your “Ticketed” stamped image and glue in place overlapping the bottom photo – just a little in from the right edge of the photo. Cut two pieces of the fabric paper. One measuring 3x5 cm and the other 4,5x 7,5. Attach the small piece along the top edge of your layout and about 2 cm in from the left edge. Attach your other piece overlapping your photo and ribbon a bit. Mine’s 9 cm from the bottom edge and 3,5 cm from the right edge of the layout. Write your journaling on your stamped block and attach this to your layout (see photo below for placement). Also add your handmade funky flowers (again see photo below for placement suggestion).
11. Finally finish off with some optional staples and a doodled black & white swirl (or perhaps use a swirl stamp instead if you wish?)
I hope you enjoyed my class! Wishing you lots of fun creating your own version!