Journey to Happiness
By Anna Louise Bowkis
I love mini books, and the freedom to create. From mini art journals to brag books for relatives and books full of inspiring quotes. What could be more rewarding!
This book is a Journey to Happiness. Full of things that make me happy, this book is an insight to my life and what makes me tick. I have written stuff that makes me GLAD, photos of my 2 children that always make me happy and so on. I have embellished my pages with happiness also.
Basic Grey Blush Collection
Maya Road Chipboard Flower Book
Crop a dile
PVA glue or similar
Basic Grey Precision tool set
· Firstly take your papers and choose the designs you like best. Trim off the manufacturers strip on the bottom edge
· Trace the chipboard on the back side of your papers and cut using a craft knife or sharp scissors
· Now adhere to the chipboard book and file all the edges
· Using a Crop a Dile tool, punch holes on a couple of your pages. (this will allow you to tie ribbons later)
· If you like to ink your edges, ink at this stage
· To decorate your front cover, select various buttons in different shapes and styles in colours to reflect the papers. I chose pinks and reds. Adhere all around the edge of your book with PVA glue
· Now add a title to your book.
· Start to decorate your pages. I used journaling strips using my computer to print things I loved. Try journaling around the flower shape. Add embellishments to enhance your pages
· When choosing photos, remember they will need to be printed small about 2” x 2”
· Once you have finished the inside of your book, take some ribbons and tie around the spine of your cover. Add charms, monograms and tags if you wish.
Anna Louise Bowkis is a regular contributor to UK scrapbook magazines. She also teaches regularly in the UK and has recently returned from teaching in the States.
You can visit Anna’s blog at www.scrappingtonight.blogspot.com