ATDML ONLINE CLASS – SEPTEMBER 2009
Designer: Ann Freeman
K&Co Que Sera Sera patterned paper – Collage Stripe http://www.atripdownmemorylane.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=6410
Coredinations – Whitewash “Pickle Barrel” cardstock http://www.atripdownmemorylane.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=6352
K&Co Blue Awning pearl gems
Prima – Say it in Crystals
My Minds Eye – Journaling spot – Tiny Dancer “plie”
Love Elsie – Soft Noel charms
Trimmer, scissors, adhesive, foam pads, sanding block, sewing machine
1. Using a standard dinner plate draw a circle approximately 8” in diameter on the Coredinations cardstock towards the top of the page.
2. Using a sanding block expose the darker core of the cardstock by sanding the centre of the circle in a circular motion to prevent any lines showing.
3. Next cut four ½” strips from the Que Sera Sera paper running with the stripes and not across them.
4. Run a line of adhesive (Herma or double sided tape works best) around the sanded circle and create a pleated frame from your ½” strips, then sew in place to secure, either with a sewing machine or by hand.
5. Cut several photographs into circles and part circles - sanding the edge of these will help to hide any misshaped circles!
6. Add your photographs to the bottom right hand corner of your circle, raising the larger photo on foam pads for dimension.
7. Add a Love Elsie soft charm frame around a focal point on your main photograph (if desired – this could be replaced with a doodled frame, or some gems)
8. Cut your Prima crystal swirl into the desired sections and adhere to the page as shown.
9. Cut your MME journaling tag in half, embellish with pearl crystals from K&Co and adhere inside the circle next to your photograph, with a title in small alphabet stickers (or you could use stamps) following the curve of the photo.
10. To finish add a fabric embellishment -my crab was from my local haberdashery, and your journaling (there is plenty of room on this layout to write a long story behind your photographs!)